Monday, September 20, 2010

Pontypool

    Alright, everyone knows the whole zombie movie genre has become crazily diluted since Dawn of the Dead first came out and blew everyones mind. Well with that being said, let's just say I wasn't expecting much from the 2008 Canadian "zombie" movie, Pontypool. Let's also just say my low expectations were exceeded like a mother after I finished watching it. Pontypool is a very refreshing take on the same old story. The main character is a radio show host who experiences first hand the effect of this new zombie disease that is taking over his small town. They first start to realize that something isn't right when BBC calls in to their radio show to see what is going on with their town, which would never happen as they are in the middle of a small town in Canada. While I thought some of the character's reactions were a little unrealistic, it didn't take away from the entertainment. Definitely watch this if you get a chance!

8/10

Buy Pontypool from Amazon

12 comments:

  1. followin 'n' supportin bro :)

    wtfiniggagun.blogspot.com

    check also this to find new interesting blogs to luv daily

    thefuckinlist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. go ponty. follow and support mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your post!;) cool bro;)
    supportin & follow you;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really need a good zombie movie, and a good zombie game or two that vary from each other well, one providing maybe a good rts element and one that is a good fpsmmorpg =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skumph- that is an awesome idea! zombie rts would be insaneeeee. Joshua- let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah... I have to buy this movie online somewhere cuz it's not going to be released in my country. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's been on my list. thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pontypool, the infection is so creative..
    Have you seen Deadgirl? it's good

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good. I totally want to read the book though. It's on my wish list :D

    ReplyDelete